Monday, October 12, 2009

Square Peg, Round Hole

I've come to grips with the fact that Sunday Night Football will always have an overly ornate intro to a simple game. Seeing that Monday Night Football started the theme of "too much intro" I can exculpate NBC from this unfortunate trend.

What I can't handle is NBC force feeding us a pop/country singer trying to sing a Joan Jett knockoff. Faith Hill doesn't have the voice to pull the intro to Sunday Night Football off and the over-production that goes into her voice is disgusting.

But don't take my word for it, see for yourself

Here is the first season of SNF using a knockoff of Joan Jett's "I Hate Myself For Loving You" with Pink singing it:



Now here's the same song now with Faith Hill:



It just doesn't fit. She looks uncomfortable and robotic doing this thing as if there's some sort of choreographer standing off camera shouting "now arms, and kick, and jazz hands!"

Don't get me wrong, Faith Hill looks as good as ever, but she doesn't need to be doing this song. She doesn't have a rock voice. If NBC is looking for names, why not just get Simon and Garfunkel? They're just as unsuited for this.

I would like to thank Sprint for this post since I believe they sponsor the opening of SNF. I only saw the logo a few hundred times during it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

SportsFanLive.com