Sunday, April 4, 2010

The Day Your Wish Unfortunately Came True

I'm a big Donovan McNabb fan. I think he gets a raw deal in Philly. I'm also a Jason Campbell fan simply because I think he's been jerked around too much in Washington.

Now I get to see both set up to fail for the Redskins. Yippie.

McNabb goes from a team that finally got him some dangerous receivers to a team with Santana Moss, Chris Cooley, and a pile of unknowns, plus a shredded offensive line and a group of running backs that would have been good if this were 2004.

I still feel nauseous from this trade. If you've ever watched a player you enjoy traded to your absolutely least favorite team, then you know how I feel. I never wish success for the Redskins. I hate the organization from their assh*le moneybags owner all the way down to the offensive mascot. And now I have to root for Donovan to fail when all I wanted was for him to leave Philadelphia and win a title just so he could thumb his nose at all the boo-birds that never gave him his due.

And get ready Eagles fans (or at least the ones booing McNabb). You are about to get what you dreamed of...a McBabbless Eagles team. And just so you can see how much he sucks, you get to see the Eagles play against McNabb twice a year.

I just read an Eagles fan board and many fans are stunned that Philadelphia would trade their franchise quarterback to a division rival. They should be stunned. The team has just given McNabb two chances a year to stick the ball right in their tail feathers.

Yet there were other fans that were overjoyed now that D-Nabb is gone. Apparently ranking first in most Eagles passing categories wasn't enough. Neither were the five NFC championship games and Super Bowl appearance. No title equals no love.

Well here is your chance guys. No McNabb to hold the Eagles back. Kevin Kolb is the man from now on.

Of course, there will be no more McNabb to make plays either. No more signature McNabb scrambles and no more Thriller dances in the endzone.

You asked for it and you got it. Now let's see how long you guys are happy with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

SportsFanLive.com